These loaded vegan nachos are the best because they’re plant based, healthy nachos that are so flavorful no one will miss the meat!
Turns out Alex and I are into nachos. Clarification: we’re into healthy nachos. Or, nachos with a healthy twist? Healthyish? Pick your favorite word for a recipe that’s a whole food, from scratch, lighter take on comfort food, and that’s what we love. There’s our grilled nachos, made on the grill in a cast iron skillet. And our Greek nachos that use pita chips as a base. There’s even tater tot nachos, made with our homemade tater tots! But these vegan nachos are our new favorite! They star our very favorite new vegan nacho cheese recipe and are quick and easy to make once you have a few components on hand.
Nachos is a pretty loose concept, so there’s no “perfect” way to make vegan nachos. And in this case, healthy nachos are nachos that are healthier than normal, using lots of fresh plant based toppings and homemade sauces. Making these loaded nachos is very simple once you have made up a few of the components. Here are a few of our secrets:
- 2 cups Smoky Instant Pot Lentils or Lentil Taco Filling, or 1 recipe Refried Black Beans or Refried Bean Dip (using canned refried beans)
- 1/4 cup Vegan Nacho Cheese
- 1 small tomato or Best Salsa Recipe
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 to 2 green onions
- 4 cups organic corn chips
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Hot sauce, for garnish
- Optional: Pickled jalapenos, Pickled onions, or Pickled radishes
- Make the Smoky Instant Pot Lentils and Rice or Lentil Taco Filling. Before serving, make sure the lentils are warm (reheat them if made in advance).
- Make the Vegan Nacho Cheese.
- Seed and dice the tomato. Mince the red onion. Thinly slice the green onions. Chop the cilantro. (Or, make Salsa Fresca for topping.)
- To serve, place the chips on a plate. Top with lentils, tomato, red onion, green onion, Vegan Nacho Cheese, cilantro, and hot sauce.
*Note: The timing for this recipe assumes that the Lentils and Rice and Nacho Cheese are made in advance.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/the-best-loaded-vegan-nachos/