These sweet potatoes topped with a zesty slaw and creamy Thai peanut butter sauce are an irresistible plant based dinner recipe!
After trying it several times, we found the Instant Pot cooks sweet potatoes in less time than baking and it’s totally hands off. This healthy sweet potatoes recipe with Thai peanut butter sauce is our idea on how to use those Instant Pot sweet potatoes! And don’t worry: if you don’t have any Instant Pot, there’s a baked version as well. Keep reading for the recipe.
How to cook sweet potatoes?
Here’s our method for how to cook sweet potatoes in an Instant Pot! They come out with a moist and velvety interior. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, make our Quick Baked Sweet Potato method: it’s fast and easy!
How long to cook sweet potatoes? Our method for Instant Pot sweet potatoes takes 35 minutes total, including preheat time and natural release time. Just throw them in the pot, cook on high pressure for 16 minutes, and natural release for 10 minutes. If you’re baking the sweet potatoes, a tip is to cut them in half, which shortens the cooking time! This way, you can bake them for just 25 to 30 minutes at 400F.
This Instant Pot sweet potatoes with Thai peanut butter sauce recipe is vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, plant based, dairy free, naturally sweet, and refined sugar free.
For the sweet potatoes and slaw
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 1/4 red cabbage (3 cups shredded)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Crushed peanuts, for the garnish
For the Thai peanut butter sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook the sweet potatoes: Go to Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes or Quick Baked Sweet Potatoes.
- Make the slaw: Thinly slice the red cabbage, enough for 3 cups. Thinly slice the peppers. Thinly slice the green onion. Chop the cilantro. In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, peppers, green onion and cilantro with the lime juice and kosher salt.
- Make the Thai peanut butter sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, and water. Taste and add a bit of kosher salt if desired (this depends on the salt content of the peanut butter).
- Serve: Slice the sweet potatoes in half and top them with the slaw. Drizzle with the Thai peanut butter sauce and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/instant-pot-thai-sweet-potatoes-peanut-drizzle/