Here’s how to make an acai bowl at home: the purple smoothie and confetti of toppings taste refreshing and tangy sweet. It’s the ultimate healthy breakfast!
Do you love acai bowls? I don’t remember the exact first time I had one, but I was smitten at first bite. That creamy, frosty purple smoothie is inexplicably delicious. With a colorful confetti of toppings, it tastes different in every bite. Acai bowls have become quite popular here in the US, after they caught on from Brazil. They’re a perfect healthy breakfast or snack: and a total treat! One reader told us: “Made your acai bowl recipe and OH MY! I’ve never had one I’ve enjoyed as much as this. It was so perfectly balanced, and my husband loved it too!” Here’s how to make it.
For the toppings
- 1 handful coconut flakes
- 1/2 mango, diced (or 1/2 cup frozen diced, thawed)
- 4 sliced strawberries
- 1 small handful blueberries
- 1 small handful pepitas
- Bee pollen, optional
- Other toppings: Granola, almonds, pecans, walnuts, almond butter, peanut butter, chia seeds, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup
For the acai bowl
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 mango (or 1/2 cup frozen diced)
- 7 ounces frozen unsweetened acai pulp (such as Sambazon)*
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place your bowls in the freezer: this will help to keep the acai from melting while enjoying it.
- Prep the toppings (before making the bowl, again to minimize melting): In a small skillet, toast the coconut over low to medium low heat until golden brown, stirring often. Immediately remove to a bowl. Dice the mango and reserve half for the acai. Slice the strawberries.
- In a large high speed or regular blender, blend the pineapple, banana and mango until somewhat combined and chunky.
- Thaw the acai pulp under warm water until it can be broken into smaller chunks, then remove the packaging. Add the acai to the blender with the lime juice and 1/4 cup cold water. Blend until smooth, stopping and stirring as necessary. (If you need a bit more water you can add it; try not to add too much in order to keep the acai texture thick. A high speed blender will work well here; with a regular blender you’ll have to stop and stir more.)
- Pour the acai mixture into the frozen bowls. Top with the fruit, coconut, pepitas, and other toppings. Serve immediately.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/homemade-acai-bowl-recipe/