A delicious and easy appetizer recipe, this goat cheese bruschetta is topped with mushrooms flavored with fresh herbs and lemon.
Mushrooms seem to be one of those divisive foods that inspire passionate debate. The haters usually have a laundry list of complaints (slimy, scary, etc). But the lovers. Well, mushroom lovers generally don’t have words to describe their deep affection! What side of the fence are you on? After having spent my formative years as a hater, I’ve somehow crossed over. And this easy goat cheese bruschetta with mushrooms is one of my favorite ways to enjoy my favorite foods, together.
Bruschetta is an easy appetizer for a party that tastes like you spent hours on it! This goat cheese bruschetta stars my favorite foods: tangy goat cheese and savory mushrooms. Imagine: tender mushrooms flavored with fresh herbs and lemon juice, salty, savory, and herby all at once. They’re piled on a crusty bread, spread with creamy goat cheese. Alex and I were so impressed by how much flavor came out of this simple preparation!
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 4 ounces mushrooms (for example, baby bellas and shiitakes)
- 1 large handful fresh thyme
- 1 large handful fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cut the bread into slices, and brush each side with olive oil. Cook on a griddle on the stovetop, about 1 minute per side.
- Wipe any dirt from the mushrooms and slice them. Coarsely chop the thyme and oregano. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then add the mushrooms, herbs, a few pinches kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper, and saute until the mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes. Turn off the heat, and add a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice.
- Peel the garlic clove and cut it in half. Rub the cut end of the garlic on the top of each bread slice. Spread some goat cheese over each slice, then top with the warm mushrooms.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/mushroom-and-goat-cheese-bruschetta/