This baked goat cheese appetizer is one of the best party appetizers out there! Creamy goat cheese and tangy fire roasted tomatoes make magic together.
If you’re looking to distract party guests with a finger food they can’t resist, this is it. In all honesty, this baked goat cheese appetizer disappeared within about 5 minutes of shooting these photographs! Although, we did have help from a few friends who were along for the ride to hand-model and taste test. Something about this sweet, garlic-y roasted tomato sauce and gooey healthy appetizer kept everyone coming back for more!
The main concept is to cook your own tomato sauce with fire roasted tomatoes, then place goat cheese right into the sauce and bake it until it’s creamy and melty. If you’d like, you can broil the top of the baked goat cheese appetizer to get some golden char marks. Typically we just eat it right away and don’t worry about broiling! Another nice addition would be a sprinkle of chopped basil over the top of the baked goat cheese appetizer.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 28-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes (we used Muir Glen diced fire-roasted tomatoes)
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 baguette
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mince the garlic. In a medium skillet, combine the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, dried basil, dried oregano, and kosher salt. Over medium high heat, stir and sauté for around 45 seconds until the garlic sizzles but before it starts to brown. Stir in the tomatoes and heat at a gentle simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the tomato mixture into an oven-proof baking dish, then add goat cheese mounds on top. Bake for 15 minutes.
- If desired, broil on high for 3 to 5 minutes, watching carefully, until the goat cheese is golden brown. Serve with baguette slices (or to make crostini, toast baguette slices at 375°F for 15 minutes).
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/baked-goat-cheese-fire-roasted-tomatoes/